Thursday, November 13, 2008

Let Freedom Ring...

I may be a little behind on this but saw it and wanted to support the cause. As you may know a number of states voted to ban gay marriage, something I definitely don't agree on. While I do see where people might have a problem with it from a religious standpoint and the fact of churches marrying gays, I do not see where these couple can not be united by a justice of the peace (government official) and be given recognition as their partner's husband/wife. Gay unions should not be viewed as sub par. There is supposed to be a separation of church and state in this country. This is just hate!

I found a way to show my disagreement with what happened via first going here to "WTF Have I Done" Julie's blog and then going to visit with Kayla and Rufus on their mom's blog "the state that i am in" here and after seeing Erin showing her support on her blog with her post pointing me to "Diary of a Modern Matriarch" here (where you too may go to show your support if you'd like). So, this is what I think of this ban...




P.S. Do me a favor and ignore the bitten-down finger nail and the profound need for some hand lotion, just take in the true sentiment of the picture :-)

No comments: