Monday, January 12, 2009

Just don't get it

I want to comment on something that has been bothering me for quite a while.... What is up with the people who disembark from the MARC train with me every morning at Union Station? Now, I'm not talking about everyone, just certain folks. The ones I just don't get are the regular riders who know the platforms and, ok, I'm sorry, even those who aren't regular riders and don't know the platforms. Most of the platforms at US have these big round cement columns down them - all the way down the platform. If you get off the train and look down the platform even just a little bit you see them and you can see that they go on down the platform. The people who I don't get are the people who see these, or even if they walk up on one and then have to go around it, proceed to go right back into the path of the next column which they then have to merge back into the other commuters who are walking to the side of them and then go back around the column and then back right into the same path for the next round. I can see if you are trying to pass a slower person in the walk through area so you step over into this short "passing" area, but what I don't get is the people that just walk that way - in, out, in, out. Obviously from my writing you can tell I just don't get it!! :-)

No comments: