Monday, January 12, 2009

Started the big WW on Saturday

So, Jason and I started with Weight Watchers on Saturday. We had said we would after the beginning of the year and we actually followed through! Woo Hoo! It is so cute, Jason is really enthusiastic about it so it is making me even more into it. I actually probably would have continued to drag my feet about getting around to go to a meeting and had even said that I might not really start until Monday after attending the first meeting on Saturday. But, Jason was adamant about his starting the program (I am trying my hardest not to call it a diet - since that bring such negative thoughts to my head). He was like, you go ahead and do what you want, but I am most definitely starting on Saturday. At first he was a little leery about it when we walked since at that time he was the only guy, but by the time the meeting started about 5 other guys had also walked in, so he was more comfortable. Once we got to the point where we were told about how many points we would have he was relaxed and happy about how many points he had - me, maybe, not so much - I have about 10 less than he does - grrr.

We went to the store to stock up on all that we would need to make it. Jason made sure he had the WW Food Companion book with us and the points builder ruler and was very into making sure we were getting good food. He was also making sure at the same time that the majority was food which was good for us as well. We didn't go out on Saturday night, after the meeting, visiting with my mom for about 4 hours and grocery shopping, we still had to get in most of our points for the day, so we had to stay home and eat, relax and read our materials.

On Sunday, we started the day off right with a wonderful breakfast and then I went to visit with mom - whose doing ok - still a bit negative, but we keep encouraging her to build up her strength and remind her that she was just ill and not dieing, which she has in her head for some reason. I convinced Jason to come up and pick me up at the rehab center and we then went over to a friends house to watch the Steelers/Chargers game. What a wonderful game that was! Go Steelers!!! We watched what we ate and stuck with water for drinking. Now we both know that we can use points for alcohol if we want, but we are trying to stay away from that for at least the first week so we can get the whole change of eating concept in before making it harder and more tempting (munchies after drinking).

So as we move ahead, we are optimistic and are generally preparing ourselves for the challenge ahead of us - um, I mean wonderful life changing experience ahead of us.

No comments: