Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Book Club - My House - Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Wow, I am so far behind on some of the things I want to post/said I'd post. Where does time go? What it is is that I don't really like to get on to the computer in the evening when I'm home because I spend so much time on it at work during the day. It's so much easier to post at lunch or during my breaks. Anyways...

The book club evening went well. I believe that everyone had a good time, love the house and enjoyed the food. Whew!

The overall consensus was that the book "The Faraday Girls" was enjoyed by all - a good pick - yay! We convened at 7:00 had a few appetizers - veggies and dip (Knorr's veggie spinach dip) and tortilla chips and dip (chili cheese dip). Around 8:00 we sat down and had some dinner. I made Sloppy Joes, potatoes au gratin and green beans. Dessert was Rainbow Sherbert.

I have to say that the dip I served with the tortilla chips was a big hit.

Chili-Cheese dip to accompany Tortilla Chips
1 can of Hormel chili - no beans
8 oz of cream cheese
Heat in saucepan over low to medium heat until cheese melts and is mixed in(sure it can be done in a microwave, just didn't do that)
Serve warm with chips

The recipe for the potatoes au gratin is below. I will have to bring in the Sloppy Joe recipe and post that as well. Both were well complimented - I'm so pleased.

Potatoes Au gratin - Swans Palette Cookbook - www.swanscoachhouse.com

2c heavy cream
1 5oz Boursin cheese with herbs
5 medium baking potatoes - peeled & thinly sliced
Salt & pepper
Fresh parsley to garnish

In saucepan over medium heat combine cheese and heavy cream until cheese melts. Stirring constantly

In greased 13x9 baking pan place:
Layer of half of the peeled, sliced potatoes overlapping
Salt & pepper to taste.
Layer of cheese liquid
Layer of remaining potatoes
Top with remaining cheese liquid

Cook 400 degrees for 1 hour or until golden brown. Remove.

Sprinkle with parsley to garnish

Ok, got to run. Lunch hour is over. Back to drafting bios - fun, fun, fun

No comments: