Friday, November 16, 2007

Pre-Thanksgiving Dinner Dinner

The first annual pre-Thanksgiving dinner dinner was held on November 10. Jason and I were honored to host this at our house. Everyone participated in the meal by preparing and bringing dishes to accompany the Turkey.

I made the turkey, mashed potatoes (I had to run to Williams Sanoma earlier that day to buy a potato ricer - I was so excited), brown and serve rolls and yams with marshmallows on top.

Jen made green bean/bacon bundles, a sausage, cherry tomato and hash brown casserole and a salad which I believe contained pomegranates and had a delicious dressing.

Dana made homemade stuffing.

Shirli provided us with cornbread and pies (I know that one pie said Strawberry on it even though it looked exactly like apple - I'm sticking to that!!)

Now, my apologies to Meghan and Leise, because I can't specify who brought what, but I know that when they arrived so did the pinot nior, a nice white and a peach beer? or something like that - all very delicious and enjoyed by all.

Bruce dazzled us with his appetizer - caprice salad and Matt provided the digestif - Rumplemintz (wonderful shot :-)) Jason had his kegerrator up and running serving cold brews for all to enjoy.

After all the wonderfully delicious food was eaten, we relaxed by playing Cranium and Celebrities. All in all I believe that everyone had an enjoyable time and we look forward to doing this next year so that we may give thanks to all our good friends for their being their for us and sharing with us theirs and our good times and, yes, even bad times.

Here are some of the pictures from the evening which I downloaded from Jen's facebook site. I have to get some pictures from Bruce who was also taking pictures and will post that when I accomplish that.

http://picasaweb.google.com/drearosson/PreThanksgivingDinnerDinner

1 comment:

Bruce said...

From now on I insist that I be refered to as Godfather.