Thursday, April 10, 2008

Going Out - Alot

I don't know, maybe I do go out a lot, especially lately, but, seriously is it really any one's business. I mean, I know that there is room for an occasional comment here and there about how we always seem like we are going out, but some people just beat that horse to death. I enjoy going out, I like it alot. I find it energizing - well, at least usually, when I'm out. I might be tired as heck the next day, but am all for the rally to go out again that evening. And, if it means I don't do anything at all on a Saturday, I think that that is my prerogative to decide on what days I want to do things. Choosing a Saturday to sleep all hours or just veg in front of the TV is my decision. I don't care if Saturday is a day where a number of other people who don't go out during the week do go out and I don't care if it's such a beautiful day that they want to be outside - doesn't mean I do.

My mom is one of those people who will make me feel guilty about going out so much. And, she probably is not intending to do so, but she'll ask what I'm doing and I give her the run down and then she gets confused and says, "Well, you go out way to much." "I thought when you got your house you were going to stay home more." I don't remember saying that, but if I did, things change. I also know that some of it is cause she wants me to come over to visit her - and guess what that's not staying home that going out once again, maybe just not out- out, but it's not like I can get anything done like I would if I were at home. And, to top it off, I know that she doesn't give the unintentional guilt trip to my sister about not coming up to visit - because she's married and has kids, so she's extremely busy. The sad thing is that my sister would be the perfect one to live closer to my parents - she loves talking and hanging out with them and would probably stop by at least two or three times a week for little visits. I keep saying I'm going to because I'm going to regret it when I no longer can't but everytime I go over there I'm there for hours. I need to start doing it and imposing an only 1 hour visit - that's it - maybe that'll help.

Maybe when I grow up, I'll stay home more, but right now I don't want to, I like being there and when I am there I enjoy it, but for some reason I'm going through one of those periods, where I constantly want to go, go, go. Even my husband whose younger than me doesn't want to go out as much or wants to go home and play his Call of Duty 4 all night and that irks me - as being boring.

Maybe I do need to slow down... I'm pretty sure this post makes almost no sense and it was a lot of rambling and passive aggressive or maybe just aggressive - or witchy or crybaby'ish definitely selfish, but I needed to vent in my own broken way and I feel better.

Now, I have to go and meet my husband so that we can go out for a friends birthday party near chinatown - woo hoo. Maybe it'll be a bbq and firepit night in the back yard tomorrow night - yeah that sounds like a plan.

bye, rant, rant, babble, babble

2 comments:

Bruce said...

At least you are not buy a single beer for $20 bucks....wait, I guess in a sense you are.

Drea said...

he reasoned that purchase out saying it was like if he had 6 beers because of the alcohol content - but i'm sure he still kept buying more beer after that. oh well...