Tuesday, April 22, 2008

My Earth Day Present


SMART Grocery Bags

In celebration of Earth Day 2008, [Firm Name] has generously provided each attorney, paralegal and employee with a 'sustainable' gift, the SMART grocery bag. Made from 100 percent recycled plastic bottles, the SMART bag is particularly timely for our teams in Paris, San Francisco, and Shanghai, where local governments are limiting the distribution of plastic grocery bags.

Did you know...shoppers around the world use 500 billion to 1 trillion plastic bags per year. This translates to approximately one million bags every minute across the globe, or 150 bags a year for every person on earth.

Be SMART and reduce your impact! Use your [Firm Name] SMART bag whenever you visit the grocery store, pharmacy, local farmers' market or retail store.

I do plan on using the bag and I think it's a really good idea and I know that I'm being selfish -- but - this is what they gave us for our gift or acknowledgement for Staff Appreciation Week, which we have in our office. How is this Staff Appreciation when every person in the firm got one?? Ok, I'm done being a witch and selfish.

Happy Earth Day everyone.

P.S. I also bought some totes from the Greater Good Network which helped save 4580.0 sq. ft of rainforest land - and for Earth Day the site is planting a tree for each order made today at no extra cost to the purchaser.

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

I have so many of these bags. I keep them in my car and its easier to remember to take them into the store when I do my shopping. Plus by always having them in the car, they are great for other uses too. I love them!

Bruce said...

Dana insits on using those bags, plus you get three cents off for each bag.

Our firm just handed out tailgaiting chairs and blankets to everyone....now who is green?

Julie said...

I love canvas bags.
I use them everywhere...

:)
YEAA for being green.