Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Football Season is Over - Ok we still have the Pro Bowl, but...

I am seriously bummed that football season is over for all intents and purposes. I know that there is still the Pro Bowl to be played, but that's the AFC v NFC. There are a number of players that I just find it hard to cheer for even if they are in the same conference as one of my teams. I prefer to have one complete team to cheer for, whether it is an AFC team (Steelers) or a NFL team (Redskins). Maybe I need to add on a countdown to next season clock like the one Bruce (567 Miles from Home) has on his for the beginning of baseball season.

I know people think that I'm fickle for even having or cheering on two different teams, but I don't care I like both of the teams and I have never ever claimed that I am a football aficionado or even specifically a Redskins’ or Steelers’ aficionado. I am just a fan of football and I like in particular to cheer for the Steelers and the Redskins when they play. I do try to make a bit of an effort to find out more details about these two teams than I would any other team in the league, but I would never ever say that I am able to rattle off players’ names or stats, perhaps next season.

I love watching football - pro or college. If it's on TV and I'm sitting around at a friends house, restaurant, or, ok a bar, yes where I am most of the time, I will follow whatever game is on and I will either pick one of the teams to cheer on or I might even cheer on either team, depending on the play being run - if it's exciting.

Ok, so yes, I will more than likely be watching the Pro Bowl this Sunday to get in my last fix of pro football for the season, but don't be shocked if I am seen cheering on both sides!!

GO FOOTBALL!!!

1 comment:

Bruce said...

I can send you the html code if you want it.