Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Housewarming Party 5-10-08

Ok, so it's about four days after the event and I'm finally going to write something about it. I think it was an overwhelming success. Everyone I spoke with has said they had a good time, though they could be lying - whose really going to tell the host or hostess to their face - your party sucked :-)

It rained Thursday, Friday and Saturday morning so, when the sun broke through around noon, we crossed our fingers and hoped for the best. We had a good turn out. I may have missed someone but I counted about 70 people showed up for the party at some point during it. I was running around playing, I hope, the perfect hostess, making sure that everyone had what they needed seats, drinks, food, conversation.

I will say there are not a whole bunch of pictures, but if you follow the picture link, you should be able to see a few that were taken on my camera and by a friend. I'm hoping to get more from others - we will see. There are pictures of the tiki bar being finished - finally got the bamboo and thatch.

http://picasaweb.google.com/drearosson/51008HousewarmingDay

A great big thanks goes out to Bruce, who was a godsend during the end of the week, on Saturday and during the party. He took off on Friday to help us get things together, worked diligently on the tiki bar, mowed the grass - thank you, thank you, Jason and my allergies would have had us under the weather the rest of the day if we had done it, getting people drinks and cooking up sausages and burgers. Thanks to Mike for coming over to work on the tiki bar and also manning the grill for us. Kerry for helping with food preparations. Carol for utensils. Darrick for chafing dishes. All those who brought sides and desserts, offered help, etc. Woo Hoo - it's great to have good, really good friends!!!

I must give love and hugs and thanks to and for my dear husband, Jason, who worked hard on the party and getting ready for it all the while having to put up with me - I am such a witch when I stress out! I really, really know this and I can't help it and I will probably never change and when I tried to propose divorce during my worst - he wouldn't even entertain the idea - LOL I know that on Saturday I was yelling, ooppss. speaking very strongly to him that he should be helping me set up stuff while at the same time he trying to work on the tiki bar with his friends who came to help.

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

Happy Housewarming!

Bruce said...

The drawback is that I am never going to leave the tiki bar now.

Bruce said...

The drawback is that I am never going to leave the tiki bar now.

Julie said...

Ahhh.. Now I see the connection.
You know Bruce.. like for reals.

The party looked like a ton of fun.
And I agree, if I lived in DC I would never leave the tiki bar either!!