Thursday, January 17, 2008

Team Spirit!??

Ok, I understand the football craze, but I'm thinking this guy went just a little out of hand:

A Wisconsin man, upset his seven year old son refused to wear a Packers jersey during the playoff game, taped the jersey onto the child and used tape to restrain him for an hour.

He was arrested for disorderly conduct on Monday after his wife told authorities about the incident. The man says he tied the boy up as a joke and that the boy was laughing then the photos were taken.

"Then he couldn't get out and he got upset and that's it. It lasted a minute," the father said. "I didn't mean no harm, and he knows that, but (because of a restraining order) I haven't been able to tell him that."

This is why I have dogs - I get to dress them in whatever team's jersey I want them to wear and they will like it. (I've even gotten the ok that I am allowed to "dress them up" since it is a sports jersey and not some sissy outfit, which I would never do. They have a Christmas shirt and for really cold weather sweaters.) And, sorry Jason, it definitely will not be a Patriots jersey. I have decided that Kira will be a Steelers fan and Lucie will be a Redskins fan. When they get together with the cousins - Ivan (Redskins fan) and Monti (Steelers fan) they will be able to team up with them and play two-on-two football.

It was quite a season that both of my teams had this year and they only made it as far as the wildcard games, which makes me sad. It makes me sadder still that football season as a whole is drawing to a conclusion. This is why I need, NEED, for one of the last 3 teams remaining either this week or in the Super Bowl, to Beat Down the Patriots. I want the season to end on a happy note. Keeping fingers crossed.

No comments: