Friday, June 20, 2008

6/27/08 Morning Check-in with Nurse

Spoke with the nurse. He is doing about the same - no worse, no real signs of doing better - but he did eat some eggs and ham this morning and drank half a carton of milk. While this might not seem like much to some, it is great for him as the past few days he hasn't really eaten or drank anything. Could this be a sign of improvement? I don't know. It could just be that he's on a really good pain med, so it's a little more comfortable to eat at least a little something.

The dr. hadn't visited yet, but his vitals were good. There was still the case of moments of delusion or there's another name for it - not disorganization, but, you know when he's not all there - disorientation, that's it... probably from the meds, but could be from the cancer, the sepsis or fluid in the lungs

Mom and Janine will go visit him at 10 when visiting hours start and keep me posted. How can I work, I just have to, it keeps me sane. We've also been near here, but not nearly as close, before - there was no cancer before which trumps all things that went before.. it is there letting us know that it will eventually win, but we want to put up a good fight and for now things seem to be going ok. We've seen Dad battle the sepsis and fluid before, the disorientation and come out and be himself, we grasp at this thought and hope and keep it strong in our hearts. So I will go on with normal as long as I can.

Anyways, as I hear more, I'll update. I didn't know if I'd write again, but this has helped - can't say if I'll keep it up but we will see. Please keep all prayers and good thoughts coming our way.

Love, Hugs, and Peace to All

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.