Thursday, June 26, 2008

Update - After the Hospice Meeting

So, Janine and Mom met with Hospice and it has been decided that dad will come home tomorrow 6/27/08. We will be there to care for him and spend time with him until it is his time to leave us. They saw him today and while they were there he was very much aware of them and said once again he wanted to go home. He also said he didn't want to be this way or live this way and wished he was dead - as harsh as that may sound - it is the way he feels. We have a hospital bed and oxygen set up for him in their bedroom at home and he will receiving liquid morphine for any pain.

Please continue to pray for him and for all those who love him and will miss him. One of our friends wrote the following and I wanted to share it with you. I hope he doesn't mind my sharing, but I, myself, found it profound...

"very sorry to hear about this, though i've been pretty up to date through mom. I was telling her when she was telling me about your father that "they" just don't make it easy 'getting out of this place'...
it's not like we can walk through a door when our time's up, perhaps giddy and excited, 'ok guys - it's my turn. can't wait. i'll see you all in a little while...' no, it has to painful and heartbreaking and maybe fearful... perhaps this is when/where faith comes in... that invisible bridge to 'God only knows'... not sure where i'm going with this but i feel for you all very much. Your dad's always been a wonderful friend and neighbor to us..."

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

I'm so sorry. My prayers are with you.