Thursday, July 24, 2008

Crabby, Crabby - Embarrassment, NO?

So, I was going to post and then I wasn't going to post and now I am posting. decisions, decisions..
This morning DH and I get into a big row about posting, etc. I have to admit I've been a bit more crabby than usual - I have to say this because those who know me, know that when I'm crabby, I'm crabby and I will pick a fight if I want and I will stay in it to win even if the person isn't really fighting back with me (DH's best strategy and actually something I really love about him). And, let's face it, I am selfish, I try to come across as not as selfish as I am and to this end I do alot for others, am nice, bend over backwards to accommodate, but all in all I really, really am selfish and know that it's all about me in the end.

This morning we are rushing around to get ready so I'm already in a snit about being late, dragging feet, general slackiness. When the usual routine doesn't seem to be inciting Jason into a more acceptable (to me) rapid getting readiness, I start in with the picking -

me: I am so totally going to blog about this
J: Whatever
me: Why can't you move faster, we are going to be late and to top it off I'm going to blog about last night as well
J: You better not
me: Why the he** not, I can, it's my blog and I can blog what I want
J: Fine, do what you want, but then I'm starting my own blog
me: whatever, if that's what you want, go for it. I don't really care
J: Well you better not embarrass me
me: What?? About last night? It's not embarrassing, it's life. It's what you do. If your so embarrassed about something like that then maybe you should do it anymore. It's not as if my repeated requests have helped any or my constant bitchiness about it has helped anything.
J: I'm not fighting you about this
me: forget you

So, what's so embarrassing? What's just ordinary life in our household? The fact that we share a queen sized bed - no, not that, we are married here folks. The fact that on almost all occasions he goes to bed before me - once again, not a big deal. The big deal is is that Jason is a bed hog, a pillow hog and a blanket hog.

We have learned from past experience and have actually divided up our comforters - yes, we each have our own, so it makes for a very warm night if we share. So, we should each have our own. When Kerry comes to clean I usually separate them out again, after she has made the bed so nicely, before going to bed so as not to have to fight for blankets. I forgot to do this Tuesday evening after she came over and just suffered the consequences. Last night though I wasn't in as good a giving mood as all that. First when I left the bed yesterday morning, I left my two pillows on my side of the bed where they belonged and had worked one of the comforters mostly onto my side. When I go to get into bed last night first Jason is literally sprawled all over the complete bed - doesn't look comfortable to me, but from the sounds of deep sleep it must be for him. I get him to move over a bit, get into bed to realize I now only have one pillow and barely enough covers to cover one leg - the one closest to him, of course. I proceed to grumble, pull and push to just get my second pillow and some covers and as I'm doing this he's just like "stop it, I'm not fighting with you." I don't want to fight, I want what is rightfully mine as an equal partner in our bed. He figures that he gives me enough room because he moves over to the middle of the bed - yes I can then get in anda lie on my back, but this means my left side is right along the edge of the mattress - in bed, but not comfortable, so I have to fight more.

All of this is not made any easier, by the additional bedroom conditions that exist:
1) The Schnoodle Sister's think they need to sleep in between us, so since Jason is already in bed taking up half of the bed, they need room on my side
2) Jason sleeps with 4-5 extra pillows - which are located under his head around his sides - almost like moat
3) Jason also usually has in addition to his comforter, two additional blankets

Now, I'm thinking that if Jason would just learn to sleep closer to the edge of the bed and give up a few pillows and blankets than the girls and I would be able to get into the bed semi-comfortably. Jason's response to all my complaints is
1) You have enough room
and
2) The girls are dogs, move them out of your way, they don't need to sleep on the bed

I believe the girls have more of a right on the bed than his extra pillows, especially the body pillow and two extra blankets. I think that if Jason really, really loved me he would try and make an effort to correct something that bugs me as simple as this is. One can also see that since it is such a small thing, why do I allow myself to get all worked up about it. It's because I can, and I enjoy being naggy and crabby sometimes.

Solution: We need to upgrade to a king size bed or, maybe, he would like to blow up the air mattress and sleep on that with all his inanimate objects! This way I'd have the bed to myself - though I'd miss him - I'd be comfortable. See I'm selfish.

P.S. I have to feel doubly bad about all my nagging and witching, because I know he really does love me because of the following shows of support, but I know I won't, this is me.
1) he went and picked up my mom and drove her home last night with me so that she could spend time with us when I didn't feel like going over to her house - thought wait, I was in the kitchen slaving over pasta and homemade sauce for him.
and
2) he is going to fly down to West Palm Beach in August on a Saturday, so that he can fly back up on the next day, Sunday, with my mother who is going down to visit her sister for a week and didn't want to fly back alone - she's flying down with my Aunt and Uncle.

See, he's a sweetheart. Maybe I'm just a naggy witch and don't deserve him - lol.

Now, I don't think that was embarrassing to him. If it is I've told him he has the right to comment back or like he's said start his own blog. I don't remember seeing either. But hey, I don't know, I know what I am and so do most people so it doesn't bother me - I just want them all to like me anyways. :-)

No comments: