Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Fini - James D.Rosson, Jr. 10/21/1935-7/1/2008 10:00 p.m.

It is done. Dad has passed on, expired, died. He has gone on to where he has wanted to go. He is with so many good people that I do not have to worry about him... he is with my sister Cheryl, my cousin John, my Uncle Sam, both sets of grandparents, Paul and Lorraine Konen, my Aunt Cathy, My Aunt Mary, Jason's Uncle Aldo, my friends mother's (Camala and Kerry), Pat Tonrey as well and probably so many more awesome people. Us who remain are going to be well taken care of. We have our memories and the love and well-being that he helped instill in us. He was a loving father and husband and a great friend. He and my mom talked and decided that they raised a great family and as biased as I may be, I agree. We were there to hold his hands in his final moment, to tell him it was ok to go, that we loved him, that we knew we were loved by him, that we would be fine, we would be taken care of.

A great, great man, passed on today. A man who loved his family, his wife, served his country and his community. That man is my father - James "Jack" Rosson

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. HUGS

Anonymous said...

Andrea,

Mom welcomed Uncle Jack "home" today with a "Hello Darlin'" - I guarantee it. This brings back a flood of painful memories but know that I am praying for you and your family to be comforted. I am comforted knowing mom is in a better place and free of pain. I hope you will find that peace as well. Lots of love, Diane

Bruce said...

I'm thinking of you Andrea, I'll be here if you need anything.

Anonymous said...

Andrea,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and the family. If there is anything that I can do please let me know.

He was a wonderful man and I am honored that I was able to know him. God Bless and know I am thinking of you.

With love always......Patty