Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Poker Party and Dacquiri's

We had our first poker party at our house this past weekend. A big shout out to all those who were able to make it. It was a small group, but a good group of people. Things got started off with a nice cozy chat and some light apps., followed by Texas hold'em and fireside chats.

What made the evening even more interesting for me was that we decided to make dacquiri's and, I guess, I made them a little strong. My first indication was when I was trying to light a candle on the ground next to my chair and I conveniently slide out of the seat on to the ground, but it's ok, I think that I played that one off - ya right. Thought running through my mind - "crap here I go again falling down - again. What's up with me and drinking and falling?" Then as we were playing poker, I wasn't really paying attention, though I did get a good hand or two, I slowed down the game a know more than a few times - "um, what?, are we still playing? is it really my turn? Hmmmm?" I am happy to say that I don't think any of this bothered most of the other players at the table as I had convinced most of them to have a little dacquiri drinky as well, but perhaps, Bruce, who I must say was the most "serious" player at the table, might have noticed a little delay in game or slippage on my thought process - oppps. I think that Jason and Debbie were trying to give him a run for his money though. I can honestly say that I have no clue who won the game.

Did I say bye to people who left after the poker game? Was I the polite hostess walking them to the door thanking them for coming, somehow I'm thinking perhaps not. S'mores were then made by the fire - which I think I might have fallen asleep in front of. I did hear reports that Jason was spitting 151 into the fire to try and make the flames burst.

So, small party, but I think that people had fun. I hope we have another one soon and this time I'll stick to the beer on tap so as to hopefully remember more of it and maybe win the poker game!

Note to self - rum and 151 poured in excess and then drunk in excess make for a very buzzed girl - Please find the Dacquiri truck that ran me over the next morning hangover feeling.

Hmmmm, wonder if there will be trivia at Fin's tomorrow night. Fin's is located in Crofton and they have a great trivia game if anyone wants to join us.

1 comment:

Bruce said...

I won...although technically I split the winnings with Dana. How can you not remember Gayson spitting 151 on the fire after I poured it in his mouth? But yes, it was a great time as usual.