Monday, October 29, 2007

Saturday Night - Party and Dress-Up

Saturday night we went to a birthday party at a friends house and even though no one else was dressing up Jason made a compromise with me - that he would go if we dressed up, as he really wanted to either go to a Halloween party or to M Street for their Halloween "Nightmare on M Street." We also had to plan to leave the party around 11 in order to go to Fin's where they were holding a Halloween Party/Costume Contest.

Jason planned it out that he was going to wear his caveman costume and actually had to go in search for a wig to complete the look since we did not have his for some strange reason from last year. Unfortunately, he was unable to find a wig, but he had worn the rest of his costume on his outing and got a number of thumbs up!

I had my Renaissance maiden costume from years before, but was not in the mood to wear it again, so I thought about possibilities and decided that would just wear my wedding gown and tiara out as my costume, I figured why not, I have it and I paid for it. Let's get our money's worth and put it to use again. I have to say I had completely forgotten how uncomfortable that dress was to sit in because of the corseted bra - I felt like I had a back brace on and was being forced to sit up straight not to mention that it was sucking everything in and my breadth right out.

The party was fun and after the initial looks, everyone just hung out and had a really good time. The food was delicious as well. Kimmie's friend Frannie brought this deviled ham dip which everyone, including me, couldn't get enough of - think I have to get that recipe.

We did leave around 11 and headed to Fin's where most of the patrons were dressed in costumes. It was fun to be around a bunch of other people in costume and compare what everyone was wearing. We had a Marilyn Monroe, a Cruella de'Vil, a devil in disguise as an angel, a few Swiss girls, pirates and pirate ladies and a couple referees. The contest was to start at Midnight, but ran a little late so we were unable to stay. I believe that we left around 12:30 and swung by the house for a quick change and then back to the birthday party. We were out until around 3 and then back home to get tucked into our beds and get lots of sleep until the schnoodle sisters decided it was playtime the next morning.

All in all a good Saturday. If I ever find the cord to the camera to download the pictures - they will follow.

No comments: