Monday, October 29, 2007

Sunday - Football and Poker

On Sunday we hung around the house until it was ready to head over to Virginia to watch the Redskins vs. Patriots game and to play some poker. I had been checking the Steelers site to make sure that they were doing good and, of course, they were. They won 24-13 against the Bengals. Next game Nov. 5 vs. the Ravens and I am definitely hoping that they beat the Ravens down!!!

We arrived at Matt's around 4:00, so, just in time to set up for poker and the start of the football game. I knew going into the game that the Redskins were going to have to play exceptionally well in order to even stand a chance against the NE team. The Pats have been having a phenomenal season so far and, unfortunately, I could not say the same for the 'skins. I had actually even resigned myself to the fact that the Redskins probably wouldn't win, but damn! I thought they would at least do better than they did.

I have to say I'm thankful for the fact that I was playing poker at the same time, so that I did not give all my attention to the game and I missed most of the fumbles and the interception - though thanks to the playbacks - Not! I was able to see them - grr and boo hoo. This was not even just a loss it was a sucky loss - Jason is a Patriots fan and we go head to head about the better team whenever the Patriots play either the Redskins or the Steelers and I know, that one day, one of my teams will trounce those Patriots, but it wasn't the Redskins this year. I'm still in hope that the Steelers with do it when they take on the Patriots December 9th, so here's to keeping my fingers crossed and my thoughts in good places.

Poker.. it was fun. Neither Jason nor I won in the first game. Shirli took top honors with Matt in second and my following in third - they got money and I didn't :-( In the second game, I was on fire or maybe I really concentrated a little more and didn't throw my chips after bad cards, I don't know, but it came down to Matt and I battling for 1st and I eeked it out - Woo Hoo.

Can't wait for the next game!

4 comments:

Bruce said...

I should have won, but I felt bad after taking all of your money at our your poker party.

Drea said...

This would be believable, except for the fact that you were first out in both games and we were playing with people who weren't involved in the 10/6 game. Not to mention the fact that I believe I lost to Dana, not you. She is a cunning player :-)

Unknown said...

Good times! When's your next Poker Party???

Drea said...

It was definitely good times. Thanks for hosting us all. Though I just realized I forgot to mention that you are also a big Patriots fan, so it was bittersweet the many hands I was losing to you in poker - along with the Redskins losing - but, I, unlike them, rallied in the Second - LOL !!

I'm hoping that we can play poker after the Thanksgiving dinner - a nice relaxing event to help us all burn off all the calories we will be eating!